1. Open your image in Photoshop.
2. Drag and drop the selected Overlay into Photoshop and place it on the top of your image.
3. stretch the overlay on top of your picture, transform its size as you want (but don't distort the aspect ratio).
4. Make sure the Overlay layer is selected.
5. Change Blend Mode of the Overlay layer from Normal to Screen.
6. Change the Overlay layer opacity to decrease the Overlay effect.
Or you can duplicate the Overlay layer to enhance the effect of Overlay.
Right-click on the Overlay layer and select Duplicate Layer.
7. If you want to erase the Overlay effect from some areas, create a white mask for the Overlay layer.
7. Make sure the Overlay layer mask is selected.
Using a black soft brush paint over image areas to delete (100% opacity of the brush) or decrease (30-50% opacity of the brush) the Overlay effect.
Overlay without Overlay layer mask
Overlay with masked areas
8. Combine different Overlays and play with them as you want for perfect results.